Photo detail

Smoking is the suspected cause of the fire that was exaggerated by the use of medical oxygen. CVFD wants to remind everyone that the smoking and the use of oxygen is extremely hazardous. The gentleman in this fire was very fortunate to escape without more serious injuries or death. (Photo courtesy of Camp Verde Fire District)

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Smoking-related fire destroys house

CAMP VERDE-- Saturday morning before 6 a.m., Camp Verde Fire, with support from Montezuma-Rimrock and Verde Valley Fire Districts, was dispatched to a report of multiple homes on fire, with explosions, in the vicinity of Lazaar Road and Skyline Drive in the Verde Lakes area of Camp Verde.


Comments are not posted immediately. Submissions must adhere to our Use of Service Terms of Use agreement. Rambling or nonsensical comments may not be posted. In order for us to reasonably manage this feature we may limit excessive comment entries.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.